Lil Flyers is a FUNdamental skills development program for ages 18months-5 years. Our 18months-3 year old classes will be Parent/me classes. The program focuses on developing the basic fundamental skills of movement (i.e balancing, running, jumping, catching,hopping, throwing, galloping, skipping, leaping, kicking) that are needed in child development and all sports through fun games, activities, and exercises that are developmentally appropriate for each age group. The program will also work on social skills such as following directions, listening, cooperative play, team play, and autonomy.
Here is a glimpse of the classes offered on Saturday Mornings starting September 12th - October 24th
DUCKLINGS/GOSLINGS- Ages 18 months-3 years Saturdays 9-9:30am
- Parent/me class- Mom and/or Dad participate in class with child.
- Sessions will include organized games that develop listening skills, balance and coordination, ball skills, foot-eye coordination, as well as learning cooperative and team work play.
- Participants will also learn about God’s creation and His love for us through simple Bible stories, activities, and songs.
OWLETS/EAGLETS- Ages 3-5 years Saturdays 10-10:45am
- Independent class- Participants will participate independently. Parents are spectators.
- Sessions will work on increasing balancing skills, coordination, and fundamental movements used in all sports (i.e. running, jumping, kicking, throwing,catching) as well as an introduction to more ball oriented games and teamwork.
- This class is to prepare participants to enter into a team sport when ready.
***ALL SESSIONS:Participants will learn about God’s word and how it connects to their daily lives through songs, activities, and Bible stories.
We are excited to begin this new season and would love to have you join us. REGISTER BY visiting our website www.fpcstanleysoar.org. If you have any questions, please contact SOAR director Lisa Revels firstname.lastname@example.org.